'Jammin at Hippie Jack's' is a family friendly Americana music, camping and art festival, happening Memorial Day Weekend on 'Hippie' Jack Stoddart's secluded farm on the West Obey River in Crawford, TN. The annual Spring festival hosts over 20 original Americana artists over the course of 3-4 days and also attracts lovers of nature, camping, art, late night bonfire pickin, swimming, exploring, workshops, craft vendors and original, heartfelt Americana Roots music; in one of the most serene and peaceful environments in Middle TN.
WEEKEND PASS: $85
DAY PASS: $30
Tent and RV campers with a 3-day camping pass can start to roll in on Thursday at 10AM. On Thursday evening, we will have a campers' potluck dinner party from 6:00 -7:00pm followed by a TV recording.
Food Aid Book Drive Soles 4 Souls Shoe Drive
We realize that not everyone is into camping, and there are other options for day-trippers. Book your stay at Bethel Inn & Suites they are our Official Host Hotel for the Festival.
BE PREPARED: Be sure to bring drinking water (farm only has water for washing), sunscreen, swimsuits, bug spray, flashlights (farm is dark at night), a hat, shades, rain gear, eats and drinks, or if you like you can eat from the multiple food and drink vendors on-site. Bring your own chairs, blankets or sun canopies and sit where you like. We do have large tents set up for shade near each stage but there is no reserved seating available. Remember, if you leave your chair in place and leave the concert area for a while, it's the Hippie way to share your chair until you return.
- No motorized vehicles (golf carts, ATVs, etc) are allowed into the festival.
- No glass allowed cause Dick hits it with the tractor and almost put an eye out... plus it is dangerous and heavy for our crew to remove.
- No fires directly burning on the ground or digging holes! Contained cook fires such as hibachis, grills or propane cook stoves are okay. Bring a fire extinguisher, and keep it handy. Please don't dig holes, the horses use the fields when the festival is not going on.
- No pets. Sorry, we do not allow pets. If you need a place for your pets to stay during the weekend, there is a really nice boarding kennel close to the festival. Call Copyright Pet Resort to make your reservations at 931-528-8007.
BE NICE: Hippie Jack’s is the counter culture life—a real community built on helping each other, learning from each other, and loving each other. Leave the violence and hate outside the gate!
- No weapons permitted on grounds.
- No generators in Scrappytown - and please keep use of generators to a minimum in other areas of the campgrounds as a courtesy to your neighbors
- Be Quiet in Family and Quiet camping from 11pm - 8am.
- Park vehicles perpendicular to driving paths to conserve space.
LEAVE NO TRACE: All that should be left behind are the echoes of your sweet songs. Keep it clean, alright and help and encourage others to do the same—both on the farm and in the real world. Remember, we use the farm for the grand-kids, dogs and horses to play and graze throughout the year. Dispose of anything that might make the kids or animals sick.
- AND Please don't throw cigarette butts on the ground or in the river. (Yes people, I’ve seen it done.) It's not good for the horses, grand-kids, or the environment. Plus it hurts Hippie's back to pick these up after the festival is over.
- Keep your campsite clean - use trash and recycle bins properly.
BE RESPONSIBLE: This is a family-friendly event! Alcohol is permitted, but we ask everyone to be discrete and considerate of others in every respect. Remember, NO GLASS IS ALLOWED!
- Under-age drinking will not be tolerated.
- No one under the age of 18 can camp or attend without an adult chaperone.
- Wear wristbands at all times. If you don't have a wristband you will be asked to purchase another.
FYI: The festival is held on a rural farm and cell phones will NOT work. However this year wireless service will/maybe be available at a Hot Spot in the Merchandise booth. Ok there’s no telling, but we’re hoping for the best.
ALTERNATE DIRECTIONS WHEN EXITING Due to the expansion of the festival, when leaving the festival please exit to the LEFT. It is only a few miles longer and it will help keep everyone safe on the gravel road. The alternate directions will be provided when you exit.
If you are going to camp in the lower river field (Jam & Semi—Quiet Camping behind Hippie’s house) please note only vehicles (RV’s) smaller than 25ft* will be allowed into this camping area (or at our discretion & weather permitting) Vehicles will not be allowed to leave the lower river camping area until your departure—This is part of our main festival area and we want to keep everyone safe! *If you are longer than 25ft you will camp in the RV camping area.